Saturday, July 11, 2009

Jonah and Ariel's Chupah



This is the Chupah that I created for my son Jonah's recent wedding to Ariel Schwartz. It was created like a quilt and incorporated family photographs from both Jonah's and Ariel's families. I sampled several fabric products that are designed for ink jet printers and was most pleased with EQ Printables. [no affliation]

Ariel gave me the design ideas: 1. a Tree of Life which I created using the fusible applique technique, 2. the theme of L'Dor V'Dor (from generation to generation), and 3. the incorporation of family pictures.

A child's marriage is a moving experience for any parent, but the experience of standing under the chupah with your children and looking up at pictures of ancestors is powerful. I am so pleased that I was able to create this chupah for Jonah and Ariel and I know that they will treasure it for years to come.

No comments: